Lots has been going on for us here in CA. I haven't had the time I would like to blog more, but that is life. Work has been very busy with some big deadlines and they are coming to a close. Megan and I have finally had some time to explore CA a little more. We were in Lodi, CA over valentines weekend. We decided to go last minute after our orignal plans of going to Tahoe fell through.
Lodi is an up and coming wine region in CA. They have some really great Zins. I am not really a fan of Zins but we found some this weekend that were really tasty. I think our favorite winery of the weekend was m2, there 2007 Zin is going to be really great, we did a barrel tasting of it. I am really sorry we forgot the camera, the area is really beautiful. It is very flat compared to the Bay Area, which is really hilly. There are a lot of farms in Lodi, more than just vineyards. The tastings are free on the weekends, since most wineries are only open on the weekends. We were actually attending the Lodi Wine and Chocolate festival. I don't think this place is a good as Napa, but still fun to visit.
The food blog is still coming, I have been collecting some recepies and food ideas to talk about. The first article will probably be on a restaruant were visiting this weekend called Ad Hoc, which is owned by famed chef Thomas Keller of French Laundry fame. So keep a look out for this.
Church has been on my mind quite a bit this week, I came across a really halirous blog about Emergent church movement. Whether you agree with this or not, I still found this rather funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment